Tre Critique is a three-member team approach to more dynamic and informative critiques of our work. By both giving and receiving two critiques each week, the quality of your writing will improve at a rapid pace and reach high quality in the shortest possible time. Variations resulting from uneven groups include two and four members in a critique group. If the manuscripts are long or you’re short on time, I recommend two groups of two.
Please bring two printed copies of your latest work in the following format:
- Length: 1,500 words (save paper by printing front and back if you can, but otherwise, don’t worry about it)
- Font: 12-pt Times New Roman. Courier, bookman, garamond, calibri, etc. are also acceptable.
- Spacing: double-spaced
- Margins: 1″ all around
- Indenting: indented paragraphs (no additional lines before, after, or between paragraphs)
- Numbering: Yes (doesn’t matter where)
- Scene breaks: Please show with three number symbols, asterisks, or tildes centered on a line between paragraphs
- Other: Please include a short synopsis (no more than half a page) of the story up to the beginning of your selection to help orient your critiquers.
Please refrain from discussions during reading and critique periods. If you’re not participating in the critique, feel free to hang out and write, but keep things “library” quiet until after all critiques are complete. Thank you. 🙂