Tre Critique is a three-member team approach to more dynamic and informative critiques of our work. Groups of three members are ideal, but two or four people works well.
By giving and receiving two critiques each week, the quality of your writing will improve at a rapid pace and reach high quality in the shortest possible time. I chose the 1,500-word length limit on purpose, as that amounts to 75,000 words over 50 weeks.
This allows you to receive two critiques of your entire average-length novel in a year!
Please bring two printed copies of your latest work in the following format:
- Length: up to 1,500 words (save paper by printing front and back if you can)
- Font: 12-pt Times New Roman, Courier, or other font commonly used in publishing
- Spacing: double-spaced
- Margins: 1″ all around
- Indenting: indent all paragraphs (no additional lines before, after, or between paragraphs)
- Numbered pages: Yes, please!
- Scene breaks: Please show with three number symbols, asterisks, tildes, elephants, birds, or mark of your choice centered on a line between paragraphs
- Other: Please include a short synopsis (no more than half a page) of the story up to the beginning of your selection to help orient your critiquers.
Please refrain from side discussions during reading and critique periods. If you’re not participating in the critique, feel free to hang out and write, but keep things “library” quiet until after all readings are complete. If you find yourself in a group of four people, please do not overburden the system by passing out more than two copies of your work. Yes, the limit is two critiques of 1,500 words or less per week. Thank you. 🙂